RBNC designed this training program on how to implement the tool of performance management which is very important for all organizations.
How you will benefit
- Explain performance management - definitions, aims and developments.
- Use tangible and intangible measures of performance.
- Set business based objectives - including SMART targets and measures.
- Understand the performance management cycle and how to manage it.
- Complete the performance management cycle including end of year reviews, using competencies and the various rewards programs
Who should attend
Team Leader, Supervisors, Managers, Business Owners and HR Professionals
What you will cover
Module 1: Performance Management - Introduction and Definitions
- Definitions and Aims
- Key Terms
- Corporate Values - How Important Are They?
- Forced Ranking Systems - Do They Work?
- The Annual Performance Cycle
Module 2: Establishing Effective Objectives
- Cascading - Vision, Mission and Strategies
- Performance Criteria - 3 Types
- Critical Success Factors and Key Result Areas
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Units of Measure
- Financial and Non-Financial KPIs
- SMART Criteria - Establishing Individual Goals and Measures
- Semi-Tangible Factors - Competencies and Values
Module 3: Managing the Performance Cycle
- Continuous Reviews and Assessments
- Performance Gaps
- Common Causes of Poor Performance
- The Appraisal Process
- End of Year Reviews
- Roles of Employees and Managers
Module 4: Coaching
- Benefits of Good Coaching
- Characteristics of a Good Coach
- Elements of a Good Coaching Session
- Good Habits of Effective Listeners
- Asking Questions
- Diagnosing Performance Problems
- Follow Up
- Communication Skills for Effective Coaching
- Five Steps of Coaching for Optimal Performance
Module 5: Developments in Performance Management
- Competency-Based Performance Management
- Performance Management - It is Not Just About Pay
- Performance and Pay - Some Tips