One of the most powerful benefits of workforce planning is that the duties of all employees can be directly linked to the vision/mission and goals of the organization – the strategic plan. On that foundation, the performance management system can incorporate
How you will benefit
- Link the fundamentals of how businesses operate to organization development.
- Know the importance of having a corporate vision and communicating it.
- Develop organization structures to meet varying business needs.
- Forecast ongoing workforce requirements and develop action plans.
- Calculate the real cost of turnover.
- Link succession planning to continued business success
Who should attend
Board of Directors (BOD), President, Vice President, CEO, Top Management and HR Professionals
What you will cover
Module 1: Business Perspective on Organization
- Vision, Mission and Values- Being Strategic
- Strategic Perspectives
- The Focus on Planning for Human Resources
- Business Planning
- Strategy Decision-Making
Module 2: Business Culture
- Business Culture - What Is It?
- Job Satisfaction - A Great Place to Work?
- 5 Myths About Culture
- Cultural Change - Can It Really Happen?
- Introduction to Employee Surveys
- Culture - The Role of Values
Module 3: Organization
- Organization Design - Key Terms and Processes
- Choosing the Organization You Need
- Practical Not Theoretical
- Key Terms in Organization
- Types of Organization Structure
- Common Mistakes in Organization
- Four Pillars of a High Performance Organization
Module 4: Workforce Management
- What Is Workforce Planning and Why Is It Necessary?
- Attraction and Retention
- The Cost of Turnover
- Impact of a Changing Business Environment – Planning in Downturns
- Roles and Responsibilities
Module 5: Succession Planning
- What is Succession Planning?
- Why Have Succession Plans, and What Do They Achieve?
- Building and Managing a Talent Pool
- Monitor, Evaluate and Revise
- KPIs in Succession Planning
- Success in Succession Planning
- The Jack Welch Way
Module 6: The Change Process
- 5 Steps of Effective Change
- Overcoming Resistance
- Getting Buy-In
- A Final Comment on Change