- The course Consumer Insights focuses on why people buy and consume as well as how they make specific decisions and behave in certain ways. Key questions are what does actually motivate consumers, what captures their attention, and what retains their loyalty? An examination of different aspects of consumers and their behaviors is given, from their motivations, personalities, knowledge, and attitudes to process by which they make their purchase and consumption decision. Described examples from real cases help to see the relevance of theory in developing the strategy and tactics that create effective marketing programs.
- This course strives to teach state-of-the-art analysis methods and tools. Thus, findings from consumer theory and principles can be empirically surveyed. Topics and methods of this course have been selected with respect to managerial and personal relevance in a wide range of activities throughout the career.
- To reach the learning objectives, several cases and examples will be discussed in the course. Participants will enhance their analytical capabilities and learn efficient problem solving in consumer research.
How you will benefit
- Develop an understanding of consumer behavior, which focuses on major concepts and theories about inner psychological processes that affect consumer behavior, the process of decision making and the consumer behavior outcomes.
- Learn state-of-the-art analysis methods and tools to gain relevant consumer information, which builds the basis for strategic marketing decisions.
- Experientially improve the sense of consumer research on up-to-date practical problems.
Who should attend
RBNC designed this course for anyone who deals directly with buyers, or who develops the marketing and sales programmes to appeal to buyers. Division managers, marketing managers, brand or product managers, and sales managers will find this course useful. The principles apply to both business-to-business companies and those engaged in retailing or consumer marketing. This course is equally applicable to product and service industries.
What you will cover
Module 1: Pre-Purchase of Consumer Buying Process
- Need and Motivation
- Attention and Perception
- Information Search
- Learning and Memory
- Attitudes and Persuasion
Module 2: Purchase of Consumer Buying Process
- Choices and Decisions
- Shopping and Buying
Module 3: Post-Purchase of Consumer Buying Process
- Consumption and Satisfaction
- Consumer Loyalty
Module 4: Consumer and Their Environment
- Consumer Diversity
- Social Influences
- Cultures and Subcultures